Thursday, January 29, 2009

Something I know that nobody else knows...

(another little help from my blog jar)


Well If I tell you that then everyone will know! Actually, here is my confession. I've really had a difficult time being a part of my great friends' fitness challenge. Check out our blog! http://www.butterflygirlsinparadise.blogspot.com/
I have found it to be very challenging in ways that I never thought I would have problems. First, it's amazing what depression does to a body... no energy and all I wanted to do was eat. Therefore the peer pressure of participating kept me from gaining too much weight. Thank you mmj.
Also, I was having difficulty trying to balance the changes I wanted to make spiritually. I remember feeling very overwhelmed the 1st week when nothing went right. So for the past 4 months I've been basically just giving lip service to the challenge.
The big change happened when my Stake Young Women's Presidency challenged each of us to get fit physically and spiritually. They designed a program that some how is helping me to consistently say my morning/night/family prayers, do personal/family scripture study, motivate me to exercise daily and a whole host of other things. Things that I've always tried to do but seemed to struggle to do it all of them all of the time.
One month into the program, I'm not perfect but EVERYTHING is going much better. I just pray, after 7 months when the program ends and we're off the high of attending Girl's Cam, all this work has become habit and it sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment