Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm finally getting around to the 6 random things about me!


A long while ago I was reading one of my favorite gal pal's blog and was tagged to share 6 random things about me. So I've now decided I could do it because I don't want to clean the house today or do anything else I need to do.



1. I'm obviously a procrastinator! Actually I go through varying degrees of laziness. I try to be on top of life but lately it seems that life is on top me. Oh well... I'll take care of it tomorrow!



2. I don't know how to say NO! This is completely genetic or a behavior that I learned from my mom. I find myself saying I can do this or help with that or be PTA President. But I really don't mind doing what I do! However, I do say no to the important things like drugs (thank you Nancy Regan) and when I know I can't do something!



3. I'm a closet chocolate lover. Whenever people ask me if I like chocolate I say NO, but I find myself craving chocolate every so often. Right now the M&M's in the trail mix are calling my name!



4. I love all things Japan. Ever since my sister hosted Mikako Nakagawa when I was twelve I have been in love with the country of the rising sun. I love it in Japan (I even eat fish when I'm there when I can't touch the stuff here!) and if I could live there I think I just might. I love my Nihon-jin family and miss them every day.




5. I've decided that I'm a little socially awkward! I feel like I never know what to say in most public settings. I actually feel more comfortable in not saying anything at all until I actually I say something and people laugh or it actually sounds profound. If I was on Seinfeld I would be George and I want to leave right after I say that cool thing so I don't put my foot in my mouth!!!!



6. I'm an artist! Since being a mom I have become very good at drawing the Wiggles, Batman, Spiderman, our family, animals, tractors, the General Lee and all sorts of things. I also get paid for my efforts with my children's smiles! I love my job!



Now that you've read my lovely random things...tag it's your turn. Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. I love your random things! Everytime I see something Japanese, I think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have decided to forgo on the drugs. It's really a relief because if my friends started popping pills or smoking funny smelling stuff now, I don't know that I could withstand the peer pressure.

    Thank you for always being a great example to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, this is hilarous because I started reading your blog thinking it was someone elses and I was thinking ... yep, yep, right, exactly - even down to the part about Japan (except I read it wrong and thought it said your sister visited Japan). But I did get a little thrown off about YOU visiting Japan.
    Anyway - great post! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete